Monday, June 30, 2008

Emergency Room Vistits Courtesy of Al Gore

My strikingly beautiful wife recently brought to my attention a news article about a new game that kids are playing. What is this game? Well, it involves a simple plastic water bottle. Basically, you take an empty bottle, loosen the cap and twist the center of the bottle. Then, you slam the bottom of the bottle with your hand and the cap shoots off at a high rate of speed. This “cannon” is causing a growing number of eye injuries to not only the participants in this game, but also innocent bystanders.

Now, you can’t use just any kind of bottle. There’s a new kind of bottle that producers of bottled water are using and it is made with a thin plastic. I just happen to have one of these bottles sitting on my desk as I write this posting. Why are they using a thinner plastic? Of course, it’s better for the environment. The law of unintended consequences has also made it better for ocular surgeons and prosthetic eye manufacturers.

Let me get to the point: What does this have to do with Al Gore? Perhaps, very little. But it has everything to do with junk science. And that pompous windbag is the biggest purveyor of this particular form of junk science on the planet. I absolutely rail against global warming alarmists and their minions! The vast majority of them aren’t scientists, don’t hold any scientific degrees or have any specialized training on the subject. They compare global warming to the holocaust. They brand anyone that dares to disagree with them as a Nazi. My blood pressure rises at the very sight of Gore-bot or any Hollywood ding-dong preaching about the environment and how it needs to be “saved”. Surely Al practices what he preaches, right? Umm, no. See
this. Only in this country can a mannequin win an Academy Award for a PowerPoint presentation.

Some friendly advice…Leonardo DiCaprio is no Archimedes. And, brother, if you hold him in high regard because of his environmental theories, you need to stop living on Weird Street and come home for a reality check. And by reality check I mean a good pistol whipping! Wake the f up! You are being scammed!

I’ve said my piece. You know where I stand. If we happen to be engaged in polite conversation in a social setting, for your safety and the safety of those around you, steer clear of the aforementioned subject!

No comments: